OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
THESE RULES (THE “RULES”), AS MAY BE AMENDED BY PTZ INSURANCE SERVICES LTD., GOVERN THE “TRIVIA TUESDAY” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) DESCRIBED BELOW. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAYNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
- No purchase is required. The Contest is managed and sponsored by Pets Plus Us, a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. (the “Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- The Contest commences at 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) every Tuesday and concludes at 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) on the same day (the “Contest Period”).
- This Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province, excluding residents of Quebec, employees of the Sponsor and/or its affiliates and the Contest organizers (each, a “Participant”, collectively, the “Participants”).
- To be eligible, Entries (as defined below) must be submitted during the Contest Period. Each Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) entry (each, an “Entry”) for each of the following four (4) methods:
a. one (1) Entry will be awarded for commenting on the Halloween Costume Contest post on the Pets Plus Us page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/PetsPlusUsCA);
b. one (1) Entry will be awarded for sharing the Halloween Costume Contest post on the Pets Plus Us page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/PetsPlusUsCA);
c. one (1) Entry will be awarded for responding to the Halloween Costume Contest Tweet on the Pets Plus Us page on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PetsPlusUsCA); and
d. one (1) Entry will be awarded for retweeting the Halloween Costume Contest Tweet on the Pets Plus Us page on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PetsPlusUsCA).
- A maximum of four (4) Entries are allowed per person.
- The Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter and their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software or links, viruses, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that render a Participant ineligible for this Contest. No responsibility will be taken for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible Entries. Participants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate a Participant's eligibility to participate in this Contest.
- Facebook and Twitter are completely released of all liability by each Participant in this Contest.
- One (1) of the following prizes (each, a “Prize”, collectively, the “Prizes”), valued at an approximate total of Twenty-five Dollars Canadian ($25.00CAD), will be awarded to the Participant whose Entrie is selected in the Draw (as defined below) (each, a “Winner”): a. One (1) Petsmart gift cards, valued at Twenty-five Dollars Canadian ($25.00CAD) each.
- One (1) random electronic draw (each, a "Draw", collectively, "the "Draws") will take place at Sponsor's head offices at Unit 2, 1115 North Service Road West, Oakville, Ontario L6M 2V9 every Thursday to select the one (1) Winner.
- There will only be one (1) Prize per selected Entry.
- A Participant cannot win more than one (1) Prize total in the Draws.
- The Participants’ chance of winning will depend on the number of Entries received.
- The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor may substitute a Prize of similar value.
- Each winner will be notified via Twitter or Facebook and asked to email in directly to a designated email/representative of the Sponsor and will need to verify their eligibility prior to claiming their respective Prize. The Prizes will be sent to the Winners by regular mail or sent by courier. The Winners must sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules, including answering a skill-testing question (collectively, the “Declaration and Release”) before their respective Prize is mailed/couriered to them.
- By signing the Declaration and Release, the Winners shall agree to allow the Sponsor to use their first name and location for internal and external marketing purposes, which include but are not limited to, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.), online websites, printed material, and other advertising channels and outlets, without any payment, compensation or other liability or obligation to the Winners. The Participants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- The decision of the Committee will be final and binding on all Participants.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- By entering this Contest, Participants consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the Participant’s personal information provided at the time of registration by the Sponsor and/or its agents and promotional agencies for the administration of this Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) amend the Rules; and/or (ii) terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time, without prior notice to the Participants.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- Each winner will have 30 days from winning announcement to claim their prize. Failure to claim the prize within this time will result in a disqualification and an alternate winner will not be chosen.